TreeYo Permaculture is a guild of designers and earth stewards focused on planetary and social system regeneration. Our guild, like the permaculture concept, encourages symbiosis through diversity as we cross cultural barriers and highlight each one of our talents. From art to landscape design, from music to eco-forestry, our guild thrives through educating others in multitude of ways and implementing on the ground resilient landscapes and communities. We love to build with mud between our toes, grow food with sweat dripping from our brow, and be inspired by the patterns and abundance of nature.
TreeYo Permaculture forms teams for these varying objectives, from project implementation to organic farm management, and is led by Doug Crouch, internationally recognized permaculture teacher and ecologist. Our collaborative work is guided by the ethics of Permaculture while our design focus stems from the regenerative principles of Permaculture. We not only focus on land-based design but also the people care aspect thus unifying the community of nature and humanity alike.
Our focus within Permaculture facilitation is the PDC which we passionately craft for a holistic experience. Through this holistic perspective, our PDC’s reflect the honoring of diversity of Permaculture. Consequently, to learn more about this style, please check out the linking pages and the videos under our TreeYo PDC page to understand the full realm of what our PDC’s have to offer. Also, to keep current on our latest happenings, please read our blog and tune into our open source TreeYo EDU project. And for a bit of ambiance of our courses, view the following video below:
Upcoming 2014/15 Courses and Events:
- January 2nd-4th. Food Forest Weekend Course with Karsten Hinrichs at 5ª Natureza, Madeira, Portugal.
- January 23-25th. Aquaculture and Natural Swimming Pool course with Karsten Hinrichs at Quinta de Sete Nomes and Rinchoa Permaculture Garden, Sintra, Portugal.
- February 6th-8th. Food Forest Weekend Course with Karsten Hinrichs at Quinta de Sete Nomes, Colares, Sintra, Portugal.
- February 20th-22nd. Fermentation and Human Nutrition with Ines Barros and Maya Mor at Terra Alta, Sintra Portugal.
- March 9th-22nd. Permaculture Design Course at Himalayan Farm Project, North India.
- March 24th-29th. 1 week design/ hands-on add-on to the above PDC. Open to those as well who have taken a pdc at any time.
- April 27th-May 17th. 3 week PDC at Terra Alta, Almocageme, Sintra.
For registration or more information about our courses, questions about permaculture, or our consultation and design services, please contact Doug through the following form:
Our Permaculture Definition
Permaculture is the harmonious integration of all life kingdoms into agriculturally productive ecosystems and socially just environments producing sound economic outcomes through systems management. It is a regenerative design intention reflecting patterns in nature that seeks to build interconnections allowing for energy efficiency and abundance of yield.